Since COVID-19, working from home became the greatest achievement for corporations’ employees.
There are industries where this thing can’t happen and they use to envy people who can WFH.
To be honest, I am not a 100% fan of working from home. There are for sure advantages of this, but for me was a little bit difficult to accommodate with this way of working. I have a lot of friends or relatives who use to say that I am lucky to work from home, but I try to explain to them that it is not everything pink in this situation.
Let me list below some advantages and disadvantages of working from home.
- You can wake up later in the morning
- You don’t waste money with transportation
- You can wear comfortable clothes
- You can respect a diet
- You pay more money on bills (like energy, water, internet, etc.) because you work all day using them
- You work all day long alone (exception: if you share your home with a workmate)
- If there is any power outage or signal problems, this affects your work (usually office building have their own saving battery)
- There is a tendency to work more than 8 hours per day (because you don’t waste any more time on traffic)
- You can’t eat anymore in town
What about you? Do you work from home? Do you like it?