When you want to do some cleaning into your life

We live a life that sometimes makes us feel as being too much for us. We run between a lot of activities, we talk with a lot of people, we achieve a lot of deadlines, but in the end, we can’t see clearly the quality of what we do.

I realized recently that when I am not enough motivated to do something, a thing that can make me continue it is the commitment for a team. I don’t know if it is good or bad, but probably I use to do a lot of things for others’ happiness and their happiness makes me happy.


One of my New Year resolutions was to make some clean into my life.

And I did it into small steps. Some of them are already done, some of them are in progress. But it is an absolutely amazing feeling - there is less information, but more relevant; I feel that I can breathe and I feel (sometimes) more rested.

From the things I did / I want to do and maybe it can help you:

  • Start with small things - eg. to delete from your Facebook list that people you don’t know but they are between your connections and fill your wall with irrelevant posts. Or to unsubscribe from newsletters you never read, but they fill your inbox.
  • Check your inbox and delete all the old emails - I was surprised to see that I still have some email from 5 years ago…
  • You can continue with refusing to go on complacency coffees just because you don’t want to refuse somebody
  • Check the things you ”have” to do - how many of them you want them or they influence your life?
  • Understand that it is your right to decide what to do, when, and how. Take these decisions with confidence and pleasure. Feed your life only with things that make you a better person.
  • Put some limits - when you go to lunch, do you take with you the phone, but also the work-phone? Or do you have active the notifications on your phone from all the apps you have? But it will be such a disaster if you won’t receive right in time all that news?
  • Tell people near you what are your new objectives or values - in this way, they won’t be surprised by your actions.
  • Identify people who really need your help.
  • In the end, you won't care what is said about you

I read that we (women) are used to sacrifice ourselves for people who are very close to us (partner, child, parent). But males use to put themselves first. And maybe this is a healthier thing because when we feel good we can offer our support to the people near us. If we don’t feel good, we are not able to do something good for others.


In the end, a book-recommendation


Photo credit: personal (location: Hutulca Moldovita; the sky above the ”Mocanita” - a traditional train who is running based on coal)

Comments

  1. Nice writing dear ! If U interest then you can partner with me and together we increase our followers and views of each other.You can contact on my instagram account:https://www.instagram.com/xpritam420/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. You can find me here: https://www.instagram.com/sabinagav/

      Delete

Post a Comment