Timp pentru mine

How can you read more

When I was a child, I didn’t like to read. I am not sure why, but probably I didn’t find interesting most of the needed lectures from school. And the fact that some books were ”mandatory” and it was pressure to read them all during some months didn’t fit me.

But I remember that during high school, on a summer, I read all the novels that were mandatory for the final exam from high school. And there were at least 5 big volumes.

During faculty, I started to read more and more personal development and specialty books. On the literature, I made a passion for different authors and I used to read all the books from the market from that author. And then change the author.

During last years I started to put myself a target with how many books to read.

If you want to read more, here what you can do:

  • Be flexible in the format of the book. Try some digital books - it can suits the moments when you are in traffic or you are waiting for a doctor.
  • Borrow books. It can be easier for your budget and you can save also some space.
  • Quit a book if you don’t like it. This can make you read with more pleasure than books relevant to you.
  • Read actively. Take notes during a reading with important ideas or quotes from different authors.
  • Make a Goodreads account and follow your progress on a reading challenge. Also, there you can find and offer reviews on books.
  • Apply for a book club or an online reading community. It helps you with ideas, news or just finding a partner with the same hobby.
  • Follow e-commerce websites for promotions and discounts.
  • On your calendar, choose a certain hour / day for reading.
  • Buy books and make them presents. In this way, you will encourage the same habit for your friends.

As a child, I think that the habit of reading has to be learned in the family. As a parent, you have the duty to buy interesting books for your child, to read them with your child, or to encourage him/her to share opinions about the books.

If a child doesn’t love reading from family, he/she won’t love it at school.


If you liked this article, you can like, comment or share.




Photo credit

Comments