Timp pentru mine

In what relationship you are with… your body?

There a lot of people who struggle quite a lot to achieve the ideal body. Or something they assume can be ”ideal”.

The Bikini Industry encouraged the 90-60-90 standard and it became a habit to judge fat people because we assume that they are lazy. But what about the sick people that can’t lose weight because of their health? Do we still judge them?

What about you? How do you see your body? For example, how would you complete this statement: ”my body is…”? In a positive way or… not?

Maybe we tend to judge ourselves, but in this way, we use to lose some beautiful things our body can give us. Even if it is not perfect, it is normal to love it.

Today I dare you to improve your body image. Start listening to the way you talk about your body, say ”thanks” to your body, and redirect negative body comments.

How can you do this? As I use to do, here I write down some things you can do:

  • Clean your social media feed. Since the pandemic, I start to make some ”cleaning” on all my social media accounts. Daily, I started to disconnect at least 3-4 irrelevant contacts for me (people I don’t know or I don’t like). In this way, on my feed, I started to see only things I like or post from people I know. I understood that this is our choice only with people what people we follow.
  • Clean your wardrobe. Make some order on your clothes: see what things don’t fit you anymore or you don’t like them anymore. Donate them and buy some new ones that make you feel better. I did this and I filled 4 big bags with clothes to throw away (only by myself).
  • Analyze your thoughts. And choose them carefully because our thoughts influence our mood. Make an objective of finding good things about your body and be grateful for them. Celebrate good things, even if they seem small at the beginning.
  • Do sports as you want. Five years ago I discovered dancing classes - I started during autumn. I remember that during that summer I tried jogging - I reached to run 4-5 times during 3 months :) But when I started dancing classes - I love them from the very beginning and I still do them. They improved my posture, my balance, and my muscle control. But probably the best winning was being more comfortable with my personal space and liking my body.
  • Be careful about what you eat. I like eating and I like sweets. But since I was a teenager, I lost my appetite for bread and I think that this is good for my body. I use to eat frequently, but only in small pieces. In this way, I am not hungry. I drink alcohol from time to time, but I prefer wine, not beer. For juices or water, I prefer the one without baubles. These are only some small things that everybody can do. For more professional advice, you have to call a doctor.

Being comfortable in our bodies is a thing that can be learned or improved. Find some objective indicators when you put a target on this. And then find a support group.

Start to expose your body and because this will build your confidence.


Photo credit

Comments